Friday, February 25, 2011

Steroids Female High School

COURSE TITLE: Open Source: From the archival research in GIS, to structure a project using only open source







L 'Another day walking around Rome, are entered into a computer superstore. Televisions, computers, proiettori di tutte le marche, per tutte le tasche. Camminando nei corridori ricchi di regali informatici, in una zona appositamente creata, ecco L'Apple island! Premetto che non sono un fruitore dei prodotti Mac, mi son sempre ingegnato nella grafica e con un orecchio teso ascoltavo le varie novità ma per i miei pc il mio SO è Linux, anche se mi vergogno nel dire che per i primi anni ero un Windows user ! Ma ora la Apple non è solo una alternativa al pc tradizionale, ora la Mac ha creato qualcosa di diverso. Anzi ha creato due cose diverse. L'iPhone e l'iPad. Ho riflettuto da utilizzatore che mi sento come se fossi arrivato nella terra del 2020 e guardandomi attorno mi rendessi conto che il mondo è andato avanti ed io sono ancora legato ai mezzi tecnologici I know. I just do not give me a reason that there are different instruments, I have to figure out how to use them! We are now into the wonderful world of Web 2.0 where I act on the network. We are no longer only consumers of a service but we improve ourselves, we create it. Think
ll'iPad
. If we believe it is a computer, we're wrong. If we think is a great

iPhone, we're wrong. But then what? A

iPod with more features? No. The key to understanding lies in the form. We can hold and use power without having to put on a table, but is large enough to allow me to have a good performance for reading and watching. We have thousands of applications to face the world with a different tool. For my work revolves around an innovative use at conferences. Imagine you connect the PC with our traditional power point to video projector, as we did until yesterday. Now, let's connect our PC to the iPad. In my iPad I will have my power point, I can move around the room while I explain that advance the slides. I can act directly on the slides from my iPad. That will not pass it back to the audience but I can not even stay stuck behind a table. Again I have passed from the traditional lecture to an interactive conference. For those gestures from start to finish and explained things, like myself, the iPad will be essential. Thanks Steve Jobs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment